A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

June 27, 2004

:) my servant/maid/help (funny how NONE of the words describe apropriately what she means to us) is getting married tomorrow, and it's killing me. she has been with us for over four years, and that is a LONG tym, in terms of domestic assistance :) it's not funny. if it wasnt for her, i wouldnt know where my room was. whats most depressing is, i wont be here to see her off tomorrow. there is NO way i can take stay home from work, and theyll be gone by the tym i get back. so she was sat here a few minutes ago as i put henna on her hands (i did an AWESOME job), so i axed her what she had been up to. "well, i got a facial and my face polished," she tol' me. lol! i was in fits. since ive never gotten any myself, i axed her how it was done, and she goes... "well, first the lady put somethyng on my face for five minutes, and then took it off, and then she put somethyng else on my face, and then took it off." *scratches head, looks around* she continued, "then she put somethyng on my arms cuz she said theyd go whiter, and then she did, and then she said it was for hundred rupees, and look at my arms, they are still not white." i was in fits. while it IS her special day, that girl is mashallah so pretty, she doesnt need half that stuff. but i just thought she is ultra cool. you know. she was an AMAZING cook. while it WAS my mom who taught her how to cook, thys girl worked wonders with dinners my ppl love to throw off and on. she has single-handedly prepared GOOD food for groups of 20+. she's been my mom's companion thru thynk n thyn, and i knew mom was never 'alone' when my bro and i were out at work. mom's been crying for of and on for a week now. it WAS her idea the gurl be married, but i guess the gravity of it all is hitting us now. hehe. anyways, once again, i ask you all for duas. she may be someone from a poverty-stricken family from the lower-income group, but as a person, i find i have learnt so much from her. thats what successful relationships are about i guess. you give some, you take some. for me, she was my fashion consultant (the reason my clothes never matched), a treasure seeker (rehaaaaaaaaaana! where are my keys?), and a parental-conrol device (she decided what we could watch on tv). i only hope we were able to give her if only a small fraction of all what she deserves. UGGGGGGGGGGGH! i hate goodbyes, and its prolly all cool i wont be here when she leaves, but she did tell me yesterday, "baji, dont worry, ill keep in touch. my in-laws just got a telephone installed!" thys is where i go sit by the fone and wait. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home