A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

March 17, 2004

i never thought 'a long day' could be measured in hours. well whaddya know? the length of mine was 26. and its still going. you know a lot can be accomplished in a day, if u begin it early morning? THAT was news for me, cuz my mornings dawn at sunset. yeah! yeah! u r right in saying it's wrong, it's a bad habit, it messes up the insides... (at thys point i've stopped paying attention) ... but i have a legit excuse... i just dont have it right now. so anyways, one of my better deeds of today was visiting my room. or 'the dump' as my mother fondly calls it. so from backaching hell, i bring to u, a few thyngs i found -- and found out abt myself -- randomly ordered: -- my driver's liscence. i wasnt even aware i had lost it. u dont need ID to get liquor around here. and u definitely dont need it to drive. -- i could actually draw, once upon a tym. and i was good. -- lead is poisonous. for skin as well as when inhaled. -- a gillette razor blade. i guess that was from my suicidal days. (not that i ever attempted it, but what on earth???) -- "ladybird book of tables" ... excuse me? -- i could paint as well. oils, waters, pastels... -- 3 cheque books. all mine. (im glad i've found them. now will someone pls deposit some cash in my accounts, and remind me how my signatures went?????????) -- school reports from grade 7... " a rowdy, boisterous child, easily distracted" i thynk the teacher meant i talked too much and never paid* attention in class :> -- a book called "7 habits of highly effective teens". it was a gift from a friend(?). -- pocohontas colouring book. ages 3 & up. *ouch* -- brochures for art schools in us, uk. i wanted a degree from slade, or rhode island. once upon a december. -- after 6 hours of back breaking work, the room is only half clean. dust that has taken 4 years to settle, will probably take four more to go away. -- i own a discman. i found it buried alive under my 'stuff'. -- i need to visit my room more often. once every week to dump junk in isnt good enough. -- there are 15 mosques in the area, and 15 adhans go off at fajr. so you dont really end up hearing even a single one properly. -- i have a very nice room. underneath that filthy, repulsive facade, is a pretty blue carpet and black furniture. -- i like yoghurt. there can be no other explanation for the empty yoghurt carton i found under my bed. -- i still know the lyrics to OMC's 'how bizarre' ... -- four years is a long time. -- if i dont sleep soon, ill die. sort of. i had to clean my room to look for my college i.d card. which ive obviously kept in a very safe place. i just dont remember where. so after 6 hours of back breaking labour, i have a spotless (almost) room, but still no i.d card. pray for me p.s a parting thought: "No woman, plain or pretty, has any common sense at all. Common sense is the privilege of our sex, and we men are so self- sacrificing that we never use it." *thys blog has not been checked for spelling errors. so there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home