A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

June 30, 2004

Q: what could possibly be better than a LONNNNNNNNNNG drive at five in the morning? A: a LONNNNNNNNNNG drive at five in the morning... in an SLR. that aside, i was amazed to see the number of people out on the road... wide awake at what is usually my bedtime. my brother and i decided to hunt some property we own in the city, and early morning seemed like a nice tym to be going out. only we looked and looked and were hopelessly lost, when i came across thys HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE entrance typa thyng with a beautiful driveway and an even prettier gate... with a coupla security guards sitting there. i said to my brother, "thys looks like a nice place to be living in... it's way outta the city, noice and secluded, and there seems little traffic. i wonder if there are any houses for sale in here." (the driveway was lined with trees, so you couldnt really see beyond a verrrrry long road). me being me, i drove right up to the iron gates and parked. honked, and a rather mean looking guard came out, pointing his gun at my car (some ppl just dont ahve any manners... hmph!). so i said, "excuse me, what is thys place? would there be any houses for sale here?" he looked at me and said, "sorry madam, thys is the palace of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al nahiyan." i took that as a no. im sure if i had asked nicely, he wouldve given me a guided tour of the palace, but since the three of us (my bro, me and my sis) were in PJs, i thought it wouldnt be decent... you know! its just wrong to run into royalty in yer sleeping-suits. what if the sheikh was there recuperating from a secret illness? what if he suggested we stay for breakfast/tea? what if he decided we were so nice, he'd give us the palace and go back to saudi? i didnt want to put the sheikh thru so much trouble, and b4 the guard could extend saudi hospitality, we fled. after an hour of searching, we eventually did discover the place our land was supposed to be, except that it wasnt there. i mean, the place was there, and there was land, but we just couldnt come across the chunk we owned. apparently, feeling ignored (we hadnt been visiting), it just got up and left. asking around, we discovered the place we have spent 10 years paying for, and is now legally our property to sell or build on, has been occupied by some big landlord in the area. :) so we came back home. if yer gonna ask what we'll do about it, dont... cuz i dont know myself. im looking more towards talking the sheikh into bequeathing that palace to me. he doesnt even use it you know. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- until i feel decent enough to update new blogs my blogskin, you can go here or here. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- for those of you who are wondering about me jobs...well... it was a principle thyng. without being unprofessional and revealing thyngs that are strictly between me and me ed, im basically not the kind of person who takes crap from anyone. no matter how well they pay me for that. me ed slighted my integrity and maligned my work... i told him to get stuffed. now all i need to do is break it to my mom. *cringe* ---------------------------------------------------------------------- corrigendum: in one of my last posts, i mentioned somethyng about a football worldcup in 92. amir was kind enough to point out there WAS no worldcup in 92. on further research (i asked my brother) the correct year was 94. the tournament was called USA 94 and he said he wasnt sure if it was brazil in the finals.

hemlock @ alessermortal.blogspot.com regrets the error

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home