A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

September 28, 2004

it's another tequila sunrise

getting money to last longer than the month has proved tougher than i expected. specially considering a) i didnt know money could fly... b) i dont really know where it's all flown off too... and c) migratory birds are flying south already. anyways, coming back to the case in point, there's only so much you can stretch cash, before it rips, and then it's value is considerably decreased... more often than not to zero... and seriously, a Rs 1,000 note split into two doesnt last over a week, which in return turn means im dead broke and im trying to put in down in a decent (but rather ineffective) way. today was the first day of my broke-ed-ness. food so far has not been a problem, as for well over a week, i havent had any. my breakfasts and lunches have consisted solely of Oreos and Tea. and dinners i skip simply cuz i dont like college food. as a substitute we HAVE been eating out... actually, make that, "out's where we've been eating," and that has pretty much wiped out any and all of my cash deposits where i had been depositing cash (here we go round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel...). the problem has arisen only now, in the last week of september, and trust me, it's just not going. i survived monday by winning a bet - the guy had to treat me to lunch as penalty. for tuesday i'm thynking i'll smile at someone ;) that should keep them dazzled long enough for them to pay my food bill. two more days to go, two more game plans to design. selling stolen laptops seems like a plausable option, but for that i'll have to steal them first. damn it's tough being young and cute. and it's tougher having liberary fines three weeks into school. anyways, i could just ask my mom for money. except i HATE doing that. i thynk i'm old enough to manage my finances (but then again, maybe i need to revisit my thoughts). i do in fact, know someone, whose friends are paying him a monthly allowance to help him finish school. not that he needs it, but some friends are like that. (hint! for interested investors, my email is listed at the bottom of the links {somewhere}). the other day, my brother forcefully stuffed some money in my wallet (not surprisingly, it's not there anymore)... and that is precisely the reason i dont thynk having money is a good idea. when you got it, you spend it. khair. yer gonna be hearing a lot of my college woes... which reminds me, a friend of mine insulted me today. i was telling him how tough college was, and he goes: "dont you mean university?" damn you man, im too young to be in a university :p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p.s i know the layout is seriously messed up, but that aint my fault... my image host died (follow link for detailed story, september 28 post). and i thynk im waiting for abez to drop in and fix it. owl, chai, and abezzy shall be over in a couple of days, inshallah. (see, they were supposed to call me to let me know exactly when they'll be coming, but i thynk they've changed their minds. now they'll let me know by coming over instead.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home