A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

May 23, 2004

i hate machines. more specifically computers. and i hate the fact that my life revolves around them. the windows i run at home seem to have installed some sort of an ad software all by itself (my 13-yr old sis and 25-yr old bro deny responsibility), and i cant seem to erase the damn thyng. i tried removing the programme, but the uninstaller gives some sort of errors, have deleted various folders from the C drive's prog files, and even ventured in to the system 32 folder... which i know is strictly forbidden. (i did erase a number of weird sounding folders from there too) 'deleting thyngs is fun,' said the funny voice in my head. in my uninstalling frenzy, i also erased a prog which went somethyng like SUS.somethyng.somethyng.exe which was all well and good until it said: do you wish to reboot now? UH OH! umm... err... No. let's never reboot the pc? i tried prolonging the inevitable, but around 3amish, the lights went out, and so did the computer. when it came back on, the colours were gone. i see. some rather intrinsic visual programmes had been erased from the system. now who would do such a stupid thyng? all morons, please rise! taht wasnt too bad. went into all the pc junk i keep, found the modem/programme installer CDs that came with it four years ago, and reinstalled everythyng. including the acrobat reader 4.0, replacing acrobat 6.somethyng. now ive gone back in software tym. all that done, ive messed up the explorer as well... the windows keep on shutting themselves outta the blue, and yesterday i thynk i sent 397 error reports to microsoft. im expecting a call from them soon. they should be sending me windows 2000 for dummies any day now. *i lurrv presents* if that wasnt enough, today at work, i managed to erase a week's work... 12,000 edited words and the week's collection of pictures, all in one go. "Are you sure you want to delete folder" "yes" *hits enter* "OH SHITE! Oh NO!... NOT THYS FOLDER!" oh bugger. ctrl z? (the life saver).. na unh. nothing happening. dont ask me how i feel. i had to redo the week's work (which i HAD done previously, remember?) in ONE hour. all in all, im pissed. im not sure what at, but i am. ------------------------------------------------------------------- in an earlier conversation with owl, we came to a conclusion. johnny bravo is pakistani, and his real name is jehanzeb bahadur. here is an excerpt from our convo: me: johnny bravo commented on my page me: i feel ishpeshal owl: I saw! I was very jealous! me: *blushes* owl: I want him to comment on MY page! *pouts* owl: Johnny Bravo must be Pakistani. owl: He is the quintessential chichora. me: dont say that owl, yer ruining my image of him owl: Imagine if a real dude went around acting like that. Wouldn't he be Pakistani? owl: He'd have to be. No question about it. me: how dya explain the yellow hair? owl: It's mehndi gone wrong. owl: And Johnny is short for Jahnzeb. me: and that proteined upper torso owl: They make beefy dudes here, they're just a bit hard to find. me: actually me: i know where to find them!!! me: the 'iron-man gym', or YFC... Yahya fitness centre. owl: Yeah, but i hear they're all gay. me: AHA! johnny isnt gay! owl: Or is he... to be continued... ------------------------------------------------------------------- according to BBC, every minute, two ppl are killed in conflicts around the world. and here is an interesting story on the CSMonitor: Beheading underscores culture of revenge in violent Iraq

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home