A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

August 10, 2004

bizarre love triangle

the problem with a day... any day, is that you only have 24 hours to do what ever it is that needs to be done. and once youve done all that needs to be done, you realise youve pretty much spilled over to the other side of the day divide. three supersonic days of activity later, im trying seriously hard to put up a decent blog about life at campus. and teh only half decent bias-free thought i have right now is: there is nothing like crapping at home. so i got a roomie. she's a super decent woman from karachi, and "the perfect antidote" for me... or so my "friends" have told me. my friends have also decided to give me a through bashing one of these days, since im saving my dirty laundry for the weekend, when i'll take a bag full of used/worn clothes home, for washing and ironing. ok so im spoilt like that *grin* but yeah, the chicks are cool, even if at the end of the day they are women... there's thys freaky programme we are doing.. on interpersonal skills. its scary, cuz a) i dont have any, and b) working on them would mean having to talk/listen to people... and honestly, im NOT into that kind of umm... stuff. acknowledging people means accepting their existance. once you do that, they demand to be treated with courtesy. or small talk. when you put up with small talk, it tends to get longer, and laborious. it also demands concern on your part. from then on, thyngs only spiral downhill... and eventually blow-up in your face. so far, my two words to anyone who has wanted to hang around with me have been "lay-off" in the real world, that doesnt cut. im tired, depressed, and now have to work on developing a split personality. so i can smile everytym i see a slug. I get a shot right through Into a bolt of blue It's no problem of mine But it's a problem I find Living the life that I can't leave behind There's no sense in telling me The wisdom of a fool won't set you free But that's the way that it goes And it's what nobody knows And every day my confusion grows everytym i see you falling, i get down on my knees and pray... im my most humble manner, i can tell you so far im the smartest kid in class... so to speak. yeah so i may NOT have all the right answers, or all the solutions, but really, it shows :$ i cant help it. i had my math class today. the first math class in over 5 years. and how did it go? i got a cold call... and i went blank. thats when one portion of my mind switches itself off, and no matter how hard i try, i cant get it working again. for an indefinite period of tym. and for 5 minutes... we are talking 60 x 60 x 60 x 60 x 60 seconds... my professor waited for me to answer. and i said: look, i dont want to do thys. he goes: you can try and be wrong, but not quit. i didnt want to get into a debate with him, but id rather quit than be wrong. and i dont want to get into a debate with any of you either, so dont contradict me... with 50 people staring at you, half the class begging for a chance to answer, it kinda gets REALLY creepy. so prof goes: you are tensed up...relax, and thynk of an answer. im like: not particularly... i just cant thynk of a decent answer. he goes: just give me an example of two negative ######## (somethyngs... insert the word yerself), where the rising of one means the sinking of the other. i go: well... when the sun rises, the moon sinks, but really that doesnt represent the perfect linear graph you are looking for. apparently, the answer to that was the see-saw. (no. you can only kick me in the head once im done doing it) i wouldve gone up to him and told him im really not as stupid in real life, but that wouldve been lying. but see... here's the good thyng. even if i stink at math, i was able to take the pressure off of me, and crack a joke. i do me proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home