A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

August 22, 2004

campus comedy

14 days gone, two more years to go. you dont know what whirlwind means. or probably you do, and i didnt, but i do now, and nothing else matters. excuse my flippancy or the lack of coherent thought, but i havent had too much of that in the last two weeks. not that i ever did b4, but i thynk i made some logic or some sense or somethyng to that effect... so like, apparently, thys place im in, it's ranked 18th in asia, for business studies. umm and asia includes asia-pacific, and places like university of monash, and some ultra big schools in teh far east. and im like thynking... what the hell am i doing here? and WHOEVER gave me admission. but then, it dawned... we have relative grading here... and in order to have a bell curve, you gotta have the bottom of the curve too... right? in the name of diversity, they include ppl who will balance out the genious. and ladies and gentleman, meet the balancing factor. what's really cool, is like last week, we had thys quiz-a-majiggy, and i somehow, ended up with an A, cuz it was 2 deviations from the mean. right? like i was in the 97th percentile. and i had scored a 4, out of a 15. apparently everyone got a 3 and below, which was so bad, that my bad didnt seem so bad after all. so like, im thynking, i can do terribly, as long as 99% of the class does worse than me. poetic justice. we have math. business math so to speak. now, historical data shall prove to you, i was good in math. i still am. i even enjoyed it... (dont judge me, im just weird like that) i got a 96% in my o levels, a 720 in SAT, a 700 in SAT2, balh blah blah.... but now, 5 years after i solved my last equation, im a bit rusty. like really really a bit rusty. if that wasnt bad enuff. we got a taliban teacher. im not one to judge ppl by their appearance, but everytym i see him, even in class, i feel like calling out "TALEBAN!!!" and he scares me. like seriously. he asks me stuff, and i get tongue tied. errr... and then my mind stops working, i get flustered, and ppl ask me... what happens to you in the math class. look, im only SO blonde yeah, in fact some ppl tell me im smart (but that only happens when they need somethyng from me), so the problem here is: a) i dont understand what happens, b) i dont like that guy and c) i dont want him teaching me math. or anythyng else for that matter. im scared. beyond that, well... gossip from the other side is, guys find me intimidating. MUHAHAH!!!! ROFLOL!!! LUZAAAHsss!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home