A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

December 04, 2004

delusions and dragons

ive often wondered where my craziness stems from, or how long ive been thys way. ive tried to go back in tym and remember how frequently i was dropped on my head... or if my mom was feeding me pepsi laced with marijuana when i was three weeks old. i ventured into my room yesterday... yeah, the very same one which resembles nathiagali, the largest manmade forest in the world. and there, among the trash i have accumulated over the past 23 years, i found thys: an eid card i designed in grade 6. why ANYONE in their right minds would want to put skull and bones on a card wishing someone eid is beyond me. even if it is me who did just that. that reminds me of sybil though. it's a book i read when i was studying psychology; the woman suffered from MPD (multiple personality disorder)... and teh shrink accounted for "16 different people living within her" (but if i remember correctly, there were a total of 23 personalities, the last 7 being less powerful, and only surfaced right near the end of her treatment). some part of having various voices and people living in your head is actually way cool... it's like... a) yer never alone ("listen to voice of your head... it makes no sense, take a rest...") b) you get to eat for multiple people ("mom! you gotta give me three pieces of cake... one for me, on for my ego, and one for my id"). and c) every night is party night. of course... you can also simply go set the white house on fire and say, "I didn't do it! it was ME!" if you know what i mean. :p did i ever mention my favourite kinda mental maladies include Manic Depressive Psychosis and Catatonic Schizophrenia (MPD goes without saying)? you only ever become a true student of psychology once you have applied all sorts of disorders to yourself and then diagnosed yourself with whichever sound the coolest. there can be more than one. the more the merrier. but treatment in school is not guaranteed. or offered. or i wouldnt have been here today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home