A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

February 18, 2006

the alice syndrome

if i was someone else, would my shoes still not fit me? ---------------------------------------------- so my group and our ad came first in our category (we had three other competitors), and second overall (out of 16 groups). maybe in another life, i wouldve been happy with the results, but i am actually sick of being "just there" and then falling "just a little short". im sick of being the second best. i guess that is where the difference lies in people who actually have ambition, who are competitive by nature, and me, who competes because i have no other choice. i take up a challenge when it is thrown at me, and not because i had intended to in the first place. and that is the difference between them and i. who i am, isnt right for where i am. if im going to be here for good, then i need to be someone else, cuz im not going to be a runner-up. if i do somat, i do it well, or i dont do it at all. and right now, im doing neither. im trying to take a middle path that is getting me nowhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monologist said...

OoOo
I remember this!
And I completely agree back in the days when I actually used to be first- third.
I either preferred to be first or third, bcuz well third isn't as bad as second :-s
Sooo close but yet sooooo far away.

2/20/2006 06:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home