A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

April 19, 2004

i've been sleeping with this book by my bedside for over three weeks now. and i kid you not, but i havent had time to touch it, ever since i put it there. i had started it around a year ago, but either lost interest, or somethyng better came my way (and i lost interest), but i put it down, and didnt pick it up again till a few days ago. what i do remember from back then is that it WAS very readable (unlike most biographies ive read) and was very unlike a regular book on history. i just havnt had tym to sit down and read (or thynk for that), and the last book i read hasn't added to my love for literature. im sorry. it may be a classic, it may be up for download, but , but women in love ... SUX. im not kidding. i feel bad about employing Colloquialism to describe such profound a work of fiction. but ... it SUX man... *gets hold of desi kleenex, wipes tear from right eye*. i tried, i tried, and i tried. i couldn't sit through to the end. trust me i DID try. i picked up women in love just after finishing The Flight of the Falcon. i figured all books written a millenium ago are equally good. TFOTF was good. not as brilliant as du Maurier's other works... like Rebecca, or My Cousin Rachel, but it was good nonetheless. im bad with classics in a way. i really have to psyche myself up, take tym and convince myself it needs to be done. (im working on Anna Karenina, and War and Peace (of course the Unabridged ones)... both of which i started reading some years ago, and both of which i put down when tolstoy began explaining war in too much detail. (men can get soo carried away) so coming back to what i was saying 27 paragraphs ago... it took me almost 6 months into psyching myself to read Rebecca, but i swear, i finished the book in ONE night. it was so gripping, i couldnt bring myself to put it away... (IT was gripping, and I couldnt put it away? HEY! that doesnt sound right!!!) *sigh* so where was i? nevermind. ive lost my train of thought cuz there is too many poeple coming in and going out of my office, AND reading over my shoulder. *BUZZ OFF BUSTER! thys aint fer u* for those of you who prefer light reading, i'd recommend Until Proven Guilty. it's only 384 pages ;) i read it ages ago, and loved it, because it was infinitely better than Statistics books... (i was giving my exams then). as the legend goes, during my exams, i had been grounded completely, and my mom made sure i was 'studying'. ha ha. so i picked up UPG, and went around the house like a thief, hiding it behind tables, sofas, my back and under pillows everytym mom was around. so THAT just added to the charm. it's a murder mystery, definitely worth reading, cuz everyone dies in the end. happy reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home