A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

April 23, 2004

ive had a long day. and it's been almost full of bad news. here is really freaky story. i shudder to thynk what it will be like if thys nightmare comes true. and then 3,000 people die in korea train blast. read the bbc story here. such a waste of life. so much is happening in terms of life and death these days, i feel embarrassed thynking i have problems (and i dont, i just like working on molehills to turn them into mountains... gives me a sense of fulfillment) so what's my problem you ask? im bored, and restless, and getting sick of my job. and i use and too much it's like... ive been in one place for too long. the little voice in my head speaks out every two years or so, telling me im messing up my life, so i need to pack up and RUN. *shrugs* so anyways, today my ed called me in, to "have a word" w/ me. and trust me, that usually isnt a good thyng. here is an excerpt from our conversation: him: ******, im going on leave for an indefinite period, and i DONT want you getting into trouble while im gone. me: hello!?!?!?! i swear i didnt do anythyng today! (in the mean while, three gentlemen -- including my brother walk in his office) me: (turns around and shouts) will all of you please get out, we are trying to talk here? him: (rolls eyes) see, that's what im trying to say. please dont do that while im gone. promise me you wont get into any arguments, or cause trouble... me: (amazed) YOUSAF!!! laikin main nay kia kia hai??? (but what have i done [to deserve a lecture]???) him: and tell me you work and not treat thys place like a playground now he was all very sweet while he was saying it, and i know where he is coming from, but im still pissed off. let me explain my workplace to u. it's a small office, and 50% of the employees are under 25. those from 25-30 act like they are in our age group, and we let them pretend;) we're all good friends and usually hang out together. which means there is a hellova racket in the newsroom, specially when we are having NFS competitions. (for the illiterate, NFS is short for Need For Speed). i've even memorised the cheat codes.. and it's so much fun beating the guys :> plus we like shouting out insults from across the room. so the environment is hardly conducive to serious work. :p but see, it's been like that for two years now, since ive been there, before thys guy was news editor, before i was going around selling chewing gum... before the dinosaurs roamed the earth. and it aint about to change now... (not if i can help it). so when anyone even suggests such a change, it's like... are you trying to kill me? imna sing thys line to meself. it cheers me up. usually. aik tha bugs, aik tha bunny, dono marr gaye, very funny. anyways, i wish someone would brush my hair for me. and sort out my life. both are so tangled up. oh and B, hemlock as in the bowl of poison socrates was made to drink when he was convicted of treachery. hence the death of all intellectual discourse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home