A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

October 08, 2004

a day in the life of someone else

You say that we've got nothing in common No common ground to start from And we're falling apart You'll say the world has come between us Our lives have come between us But I know you just don't care I see you - the only one who knew me And now your eyes see through me I guess I was wrong So what now? It's plain to see we're over, And I hate when things are over When so much is left undone ---------------------------------------- dont let me get me. no seriously. im trying. im trying really hard to not let thys blog turn into a whine-olog. but if you ask me honestly, i dont got no more intellegent thoughts left in me 'ed. ---------------------------------------- thys mba thyng. it's been two months, and i guess if i say anythyng now, it wouldnt be too soon. when i signed up for the course, i didnt know what i was getting into. that's just me - i like to jump before i thynk, because if i stop to thynk, i'd most probably lose my nerves and not jump at all. and i figure you can do all the thynking in the while that yer falling -- i believe it;s called multi-tasking. 4 months ago: so they asked me in the interview: what and how much do you know about our programme? i said: i have no idea. rumour is you guys are tough, but beyond that, dunno. them: so you havent looked up our courses on the internet, or been through the cd that came with the application form? me: no. them: 0_o today: me: o_0 them: muhahahaha. i've made a few friends. i mean, ppl who are sweet enough to ask me to join them for dinner. the only problem is, up until now, i've been playing on the offensive, cuz someone told me that was the best defence. so now, everytym someone does somethyng for me, im like .0_o. hello??? whatdyawant? it's weird really. im actually not a believer of "the innate goodness in humans" dont ask me why. i just dont believe in somat unless i see it. (and yes i believe in ghosts.) so these friends of mine ask me: woman, why mba? after nca, arty-farty type... what are you doing here. im thynking... umm... dude, i'll tell you as SOON as i figure out for myself. instead i said: umm...i graduated and i realised i didnt wanna work. so i figured id get me a degree instead. they said: oh! that's smart... you didnt wanna work, so you enrolled in one of the toughest programmes in the country. that makes perfect sense. hey look! it isnt my fault. when i applied, i thought it was funny. me thynking i could get in... a) i didnt thynk they'd open doors for me, (seriously... the competition is VERY tough) and b) i didnt thynk they'd give me a full scholarship on top of that! (i was hoping i would get in and then refuse on accounts of the school being dead expensive) honestly man, the ppl im working with are like... woah, graduates from UPenn, UTAuston, blah blah, some come with years and years of exp in serious MNCs... im SUCH a deviation... i tell you folks, id be suffering from a serious inferiority complex had i not been as dillusioned about me as i am :D im thynking... WOW! these ppl are so massively cool!... (i guess i must be too, if by association only {hmph}) my parents gave me too much confidence, and now i (errorenously) thynk i can take on the world ;) coming back to my theory about getting educationed... two years of grad school, hopefully 4 yrs of phd after that, and then i'll only have 6 -7 years to go b4 im 36 -- that's when i die. but like after a phd, i'll be too qualified for any job in pakistan, and then i can give my mom an excuse for being a lazy bum :D but in all seriousness, i thynk i was driven by greed. i thought... hey... these ppl are PAYING to me get a degree... hehehe... what have i got to lose. *Sigh* now i know. p.s. if you see me wandering around anywhere, please show me the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home