A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

November 29, 2005

an ode to The O.C.

Well I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord But you don't really care for music, do you? Well it goes like this: The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift The baffled king composing Hallelujah Well Baby I've been here before I've seen this room, and I've walked this floor, I used to live alone before I knew you And I've seen your flag on the marble arch But love is not a victory march It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah Maybe there is a God above But all I've ever learned from love Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you And it's not a cry that you hear at night It's not somebody who's seen the light It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah i just finished the last episode of The O.C. (first season). and i cried. i didnt just cry cry, i cried with tears. with a tightened throat, with a sniffling nose, and with a very weird thought running across my head... what the hell am i doing? the last time i cried over a tv show or a movie was when i was 15, and i had just finished untamed heart* (and that was probably cuz i had had a serious crush on christian slater). but no seriously, the last episode of season one was so heart wrenching... :s it was like... i mean, i know my life sux, and i'd probably cry over me if they were to make a show out of it also, but that was just... so weird... supposing they were to make a prime time show about my fam and all... i wonder what it would be called... bits and bibs (?) the misfits (?) julius ceaser ... (?) i dunno :) this sux. im so sad right now :) i think im going to go out and buy the second season. my suggestion to you, if you havent seen the O.C., is that u go out and buy it. it's worth it. i ran an OC marathon, finished 27 episodes in three days. and that's saying SOMETHING, for someone who doesnt do tv. for those who want to know what to get me for christmas? here's an idea. *Originally titled "The Baboon Heart" because screenwriter Tom Serchio had a heart transplant as a child and had been convinced by his grandmother that a baboon heart had been used in place of a human heart - trivia cited at amazon.

3 Comments:

Blogger satyre said...

tsk tsk, what's happening in blogistan? there owlie is going thro' geriatric stage and you're going through something that closely resembles a mid-life crisis...it's just not ...........n-o-r-m-a-l. you guys please bring out the pom-poms.

what are you guys having in breakfast? O_o

11/29/2005 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger borderlinenarcoleptic said...

ahahahahhahahahahhahahhaaha...i just had this image of you sitting there watching a serial about you, wailing away with a box of tissues :D ahahahahahhahahahha!!!

11/30/2005 04:03:00 AM  
Blogger Monologist said...

damn yo!
This I think was your original layout and it was always HOT HOT HOT in my books.!
Woohoo!
also I never saw the OCs and you'll need to give me more to convine me to see it :-p

12/01/2005 08:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home