A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

December 03, 2005

home again

it's back to school tomorrow, and my stuff is still lying in the school lockers, which means if i am to do something about that guilt that is bothering me, i need to go pick it up. that way, i might feel less bad about not being prepared for class tomorrow. i mean. at least i made the effort of going out and picking up the stuff. anyways, almost the entire week has been spent trying to clean up this damn machine im running, and it's a tough job, when the only thing you know about computers is how to log on to msn. for some reason, my drives are showing much much more "used space" than they are actually using. for the c drive, atleast 1.5 gb IS vacant... but it's only showing me 600mb... and i dont know what that means. ive tried running virus checks, tried defragging it, and then have also messed with the memory settings. nothing. i just might have to take it to a techy, who will then format the pc :p which i can do just as well. i totally dont want to. formatting pcs have other issues. while the pc was cleaning itself, i decided to rip the keyboard apart, and clean that up. that was fun :D what was more fun was mixing up the keys when i put them back on. $kiy si dacsa ri!% (you no think so?) lets see. got the doors of my car fixed. that was way cool. i feel all growed up. besides all that, ive found manicures to be worth it. now i cant decided if i should go grab my study pack first, or gimme a manicure. and then im having this serious craving for coffee. choices, choices.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!I'm IT challenged too...!lol!but atleast U can go to a techie....i went to my stupid flatmate,who IS an IT guy, he couldn't fix my comp-he juist formatted it-without backing up my shiz...!i cud SO kill him!lol!

12/05/2005 05:10:00 AM  
Blogger Monologist said...

well, guess what happened?
My pc crashed, I mean crashed big time. I saw the green screen of terror, not death because death is ok, but terror?
The green screne you arent even supposed to see.
yikes!
I think i found out what happened with ur pc.
I found that dells are all having the same problem, so I think you need to call a dell tech for this matter.
I dont understand it too.

12/05/2005 05:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think i understand :) Some worm, and not virus, got into your pc and started making duplicates of itself (less likely) or other folders (more likely esp. in the presence of an AV app) and despite the fact your original root folders are same Documents & Settings, Program Files and Windows etc. the folders within the same folders (most probably Windows) is taking all the toll hence the hard disk space is getting consumed pretty fast... Solution? Get someone with a heart for machines or such things. he should be dumb-looking. :) The cool thing about these guys is (which sadly people dont understand) they would refresh your settings and tweak them even those which you don't want or didn't know about. and IMHO all he wd want might be some downloading or logging on to net or anything similar. but cant say, havent been in touch with my older-self lately :).
The proj got hindered by Earthquake and the subsequent weeks followed by it as i wasnt in the town etc... its otherwise going fine, bit slow. wd show you some comps or wireframes (storyboards) soon.
I just noticed some of the songs in your wishlist are already with me i.e. Swing, Swing, Honey And The Moon, Hands Up, Hallelujah, To Sheila etc... If you dont mind getting the soundtrack in episodes, let me know, I can send 'em. Honey and the Moon and Hallelujah to gift wrap ker k bhee bhejwadoon, itney nice songs hein :P

12/05/2005 09:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. get a manicure.

12/07/2005 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home