A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

May 04, 2004

im such a traitor im a traitor, im a traitor, im a traitor. i gave away my dog yesterday, and i find me hating myself for it. coco was the most playful, smartest, hyper dog ive met, and i gave her away. i got the black lab when she was three months old. i brought her home in my car, she sat on the front seat, wagging her tail, sticking her tongue out, sneezing occasionally. it took me less then three days to teach her to sit, and lesser to get her to respond to her name. i gave her away because i felt guilty for not spending enough time with her. she needed her morning walks, she needed someone to play 'frisbee' and 'catch' and 'fetch' with her, and she needed someone to rub her ears. Between a full tym and a half tym job and a family that took up the remaining tym, i felt i was being unfair to thys voiceless creature who couldnt literally, ask for a glass of water. since no one else in my family is overly fond of dogs, they were all quick to point fingers and remind me, "she's your responsibility." plus both my brother and sister suffer from canine-phobia, so she had to be kept tied up, and was not allowed to run free. that's the part that bugged me most. she is a good strong pedigreed dog, and i felt she was being wasted. so i looked around for a good home, where she'd have some freedom, and a lot of love. my cousin came to me a couple of days ago, telling me his friend/neighbour was willing to take her. that guy came last evenin, put her in the back-seat (the princess wouldnt get in the boot) and they drove off. that was the last i'd thought i would see of her. later last night (well into the early morning), my folks and i went to my cousin's place to pick somethyng up (we are a bunch of night crawlers). all of us were sat in the car, and i thought i heard some mad barking, which was all very familiar "That's Coco!" i shouted, and jumped out of the car. at that point, the dog went calm. and then there i was, at two in the morning, walking down an unknown street, looking to see where my dog was. or at least what was once mine. five houses down from my cousin's place, a black nose was poking out from between iron gates, and there was my coco looking out for me, wondering if i had come to take her back. she didnt make a sound, i dont know if she was pleased to see me, or if she hated me for chucking her out, but i only did what i thought was the best for the dog. for one thyng, she was roaming free :) i had a half-eaten lollipop in my hand, so i gave her that, and she ran off, probably to bury it someplace safe, a treat for a rainy day. and then she came back and sat by the door and gave me yet another vacant stare. and then my mom called me back. ive told that kid she didnt like plain milk, or bread, or roti. the spoilt bitch (pun intended) only takes a specially prepared dish: one kg mince meat 2 cups rice 1 egg (with shell) 2 tbs olive oil cooked together in a stew form (NO SALT, NO WAY). my cuz told me he tried feeding her milk w/ roti, but she left most of it. and then he went out to get her dog food. heh. see, thats more than ive ever done. i know ive done the right thyng, then why does it feel so wrong? why do i feel like ive been robbed of my greatest love, and why do i feel like a traitor? and why on earth am i crying as i write thys? lol *throws tantrum 3-yr-old style* i want my coco back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home