A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

October 22, 2004

anybody could be that guy...

the last tym i tried updating i was in too bad a mood to be polite... so i chose to put up calvin as a substitute for my usual profoundness. *shrugs* ok, i know it wasn't nice of me to thynk i could fool you with a lesser, cheaper substitute... but what can i do? i mean, i'd could ask you to forgive me... but umm... i wont. it's company policy. yeah so anyways, i was really totally mad, cuz i was out with my friends for aftari, and on the way back, one of them rolled down the window, and threw out a shawarma wrapper. i. was. stunned. hello??? yer spending 4 million for "quality education", and umm... you dont remember the FIRST lesson they taught you in kindergarten??? i mean, im not perfect, but i dont go around trashing my own country man. if i aint gonna be concerned, i dunno who else is. ---------------------------------------- so like today, i went to drop off my roomie to the airport, and ummm... since that area was kinda new to moi, i kinda sorta crossed a red light. opps! and since i saw the traffic police guy standing in the middle of the road signaling me to pull over, i decided it wouldnt be a smart move to run him over. i mean, the only exit i couldve taken from there wouldve led to the runway, and as much as it breaks my heart to say thys, my car dont fly. (yet) so umm... we pulls over, and policemandude goes: you crossed a red light me: ji. woh umm... i didnt see it there. friend one: ji sorry we made a judgement error by mistake (ghalti say mistake ho gaye) *me pokes him in the ribs... 'shut up, lemme handle thys,' sez me* policemandude: you have a license? me: umm... i thynk so (picks up bag to search for the document that may or may not have been there... it's actually against my policy as a free individual of the united states of pakistan to carry my ID card, driver's license {i found it cleaning my room on march 17, not aware of having lost it} or any other document that may provide proof of my age). *digs out and passes D.L to policemandude. policemandude: hmmm. yer gonna be challaned for cutting the signal (aap nay ishara kata hai {excuse me? quainchi say ya churi say?}, apka chalan ho ga) me: ok *policemandude looks around for a slightly more hysterical response - doesnt get it.* policemandude: will you please show me the car's papers? me: ummm... i dont have those ( i did have those, i just didnt feel like sharing them with him -- your car registration papers are a bit like icecream. you dont wanna share um man.) policemandude: excuse me? you are driving the car without its registration papers? me: ji yeah... woh, my mom keeps them at home cuz she says i'll lose them (it was near aftar tym and the gases from my stomach were going to my head) policemandude: you'll get a double challan for that (waited for me to get down on my knees and beg to be let off) me: ok. policemandude: we can shut down your car... you crossed the red light and you dont have your car's papers me: umm...ok (thys is where i give him a look that says "do-what-you-must-so-i-can-call-my-police-uncles-up") friend one: ji sir woh ---... *me pokes him in the ribs again* so by thys tym the policemandude has walked off with my license shaking his head in bewilderment as i made absolutely no requests to be let off whatsoever. my friends were reminding me i shouldve pulled out my press card and threatened him. 7 minutes later he was challaning other cars, with my license still in his hand, so i honked to the guy... "dudeguy, my friend will miss her flight... you wanna give me that ticket so i can leave?" in the mean while, friend one and friend two (lets call them Knight-in-shining-armour-1 and Knight-in-shining-armour-2 for convenience), were all devising these strategies of how i could get out of the ticket i had not yet received but was looking forward to cuz ive never received a ticket before in my life. but certain thyngs are just not meant to happen to certain ppl and as fate would have it, policemandudeguy came back and said: "apka ikhlaq bohat acha hai, aap nay bari achi tarah bat ki hai, aap jayen, main is dafa challan nahi keron ga" (translation: "go") ummm. dang. ----------------------------------------------- ok, see, here's my take on the deal. i made a mistake that shouldnt have been made and actions shouldnt be judged by intentions. a) i made a mistake, so i wasnt gonna ask to be let off. that isnt fair. b) i wasnt gonna apologize (i mean i said sorry...) cuz... what's done is done. you cannot undo it, and a promise that you wont do it again is worth absolutely nothing from where i see it. c) a ticket is a ticket is a ticket. wth d) i got all these uncles and strings to pull man. i just find that a rotten thyng to do. i mean. i like to believe im any common man of the islamists republishers of pakistan of america... i got rights too you know... e) and i dont work in the press no more. it'd be unethical to use that card. and f) like i ALWAYS say, some thyngs in lyfe are just so not worth the trouble. (in thys case, getting out of a ticket) ----------------------------------------------- credits: thys blog was brought to you by the ticket that never was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home