A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

October 16, 2004

residuals

*sigh* -edit-!!! i go away (unannounced) for a few weeks... and me blog's been taken over... not only has there been a(an) (amazing) design coup; b.bb.bbbbut i've got impersonators updating my blog under MY name... the audacity of it all. muhahaha. but im in control again. sort of... *sniffle* i have a cold. *sniffle* right ok. so i havent been around a lot lately... and i can explain. really, i can. except i wont. cuz i believe people who believe you dont need explanations and those who need explanations dont deserve any, and it's as simple as that my dear watson. (which probably explains why i dont have too many friends) i spent my entire friday night preparing for a mid-term (or atleast the pretence i put up actually convinced ppl), and my saturday morning was spent first in giving the exam and then preparing for an assignment i have no desire to do (or committ myself to). and most of how ive spent my last weeks follows prettymuch the same pattern, and really, when you put all the days together, they make an ugly picture (and to thynk i'm LIVING that life). ok, in all honesty, it ISN'T REALLY all that bad. (i mean the grades are, but lets not go there...) so umm... today was the first of ramadan, and considering i hadnt been home for an entire week, i was pissed off. exam or no exam, there was no way in hell i was gonna have my first sehri away from home :D mom explicitly forbade me to drive back at 3 in the morning, so i improvised. i invited my friends for a sehri-do, and three ppl coming home at 3 in the morning are better than me coming home all alone :D and i felt good. i hated the ramadan two years ago (o ho! hear me out before you condemn to eternal hell) -- during which i spent almost 24 out of 30 iftars at work, breaking my fast with hotdogs... no matter how great they tasted, dude, i want my desi home-made menu drippin with vegetable oil. during ramadan, at sehr and iftar tyms, it's not the parathas and the pakoras that make the occasions (ok, ok! who am i kidding here?) but it's the getting together and sitting down as a family (at the rather odd hours of the night) that's ever important. for the past couple of years that hasnt been happening... first i was at work, last year i was finishing off my thesis at school, and thys year im going crazy trying to balance some decent education and perhaps a game of badminton or two... and doode... i so hate not being able to come home when i want to. since im gonna be at school for the next 16 months, im very seriously considering asking my mom to move. i mean what the hell yar, if imna havetahave semi-cooked chicken that tastes like soya, LIVING in LHORE…really, i should drown myself. so imna ask mom to move within a three mile radius of the campus, or im dropping out. seriously yar, some thyngs in life are so not worth it :p ------------------------------------------------ khair. i made it home for iftari, and i made it home for sehri (and in the mean tym got a flat tyre -- according to my brother's physics, when i came home in the morning, he could smell the rubber burning *from my car--yeah as if :p -- and as i was about to go, he pointed out the flat alledging "you drive so fast you burn holes in the wheels" i actually have a few answers to taht comment : a) shut up b) the car needs new tyres c) people the world over get flats and that's not cuz they drive fast -- it;s cuz it;s a phenomemon, and thru our flats does god want to feed the ppl who run small repair and maintenance shops (see, if we dont get flats, where would they earn revenue for services provided?). d) i only have X number of hours during the day, in which i have to do Y number of thyngs. or have them spill over to the next day, when ill already have that day's Y, and added to that, (y-#ofthyngs done). {please dont try to understand thys model, it's only off the top of me head and im no statistician}. e) whatever. ------------------------------------------------ i got me an MP3 player(two weeks ago). the songs on it keep me sane. or somat. ya know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home