A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

May 27, 2005

every step that i take is another mistake to you

heheh... i spent the last three hours preparing for my sister's exam. i have an exam tomorrow. so im blogging. right. D demanded a blog. and i ran away. typically me btw. so anyways, i was thynking about god's small blessings in my life, and thys particular one is six feet tall and weighs three hundred and fifty seven point 39 kilos. he's called "bhaiya". we finally had that conversation. and i couldnt believe it had happened. he came home FUMING a couple of days ago. and looked at me right in the eye and said "WHY cant YOU gas-up the car?" me: umm... excuse me? cuz maybe i dont use it? (blatant in-your-face denial of reality) him: what? me: umm... woh i didnt have any money. him: WHY didnt you have any money? at thys point, i'd like to make it clear to my adoring audience that im under no circumstances supposed to be without money. ive been instructed to keep some cash stuffed in the wallet's hidden pocket for emergency needs, and well... im never supposed to go broke. but there is an issue with that. actually, two issues with that. a) i dont like money b) i dont like carrying money (i simply prefer to spend on credit [rich friends zindabad], and then pay them back later than sooner. c) i can keep all the money in the world, but lugging it around gets cumbersome, and i end up spending it. and i end up being broke. and moneyless. and then the whole viscous cycle of credit begins. which reminds me, i owe someone Rs.150. or 3,899.83 ITLs. or $2.52. i thynk ill return the dollar amount in pak rupees. he'll never guess the difference. btw, i love the italian currency. you end up sounding posh and rich for no reason :D d) knowing i have cash in the secret pocket doesnt help. it's like putting a cookie jar high enough so you cant reach it. and actually, that's around 4-1=3 issues. the lira talk cheered me up. the other thyng with elder brothers is, they can tell when you've been flooring it. him: youve been abusing the acceleration, havent you? me: umm... no. him: the car's average is screwed. me: umm... uh. there must be somethyng wrong with the numbers. him: ahan. they dont add up. the car's averaging 8km/litre. it's supposed to do 14. me: OUCH. you need to chk the oil and the air filters, and while yer at it, get the plugs cleaned. the car is just eating up too much petrol. (gas for americans.). what does a person like me do? you save your lunch money, and ask the petrol guy to put in oil worth 56 rupees. that's like 1.05 litres. everyday. the thyngs is, and what you have to understand is, that in a city like lahore, where 6000 cars are coming out on the roads every month, you cant really drive fast. in fact, you'd be lucky to get home in time for christmas. assuming you started off christmas eve, but that's another story. so the max you can test is the car's acceleration. and man it flies :D but it has that new fancy efi system... everytym you accelerate, there are two valves pouring gas into the engine...meaning more speed, and more gas consumption. meaning no lunch for me. *sigh* (sympathizers may send cash contributions to my swiss account. Dollar denominations only, thank you) him: yeah. i did take it to the service station. and he put in new brakepads also. me: umm... right. 0_0 i'm hungry. and my car is out of gas again. bhaiya's taken it. so im hoping he'll fill it up for me. but that's the problem with elder brothers. they are so difficult. and impossible. and you love them. cuz that's were your lunch and gas money comes from :) and new brake pads for your even newer car :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home