A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

January 09, 2006

the apple tree.

do you believe in destiny? i dont know what i believe in. and it can be a strange existance, not knowing what to believe. or believing nothing. it's strange. how you can give meaning to someone's life. when your own is meaningless. when you are so hollow and empty from within, your "being" alone can result in a smile on someone's face. i dont try. believe me, i dont. i am not arrogant enough to think i'm worth anything, let alone intrinsic to anyone's happiness; at the same time, i know what my "not being" would do to them. so i go on, day in, day out. just being. living a life that is empty. existing in a void. watchinng the time go by. knowing that just as i find the passing seconds hard to bear, my bearing them with a smile is making life a less bitter pill to swallow for someone else. i didnt ask for this. i'm not saying im not to blame. and im not even going to ask "why me?" i'm over that. im just wondering how long :) im wondering who is stronger. me, or the hand that was dealt to me. you know what's funny? it isnt even a battle i chose to fight. but im sticking to my guns, cuz one morning, i woke up to find me in the middle of it all. i shouldve stepped away, chosen a different path when i had heard the battleships ahead. my mistake was that i had thought i would walk around it, or by it, and no one would notice. wishful thinking? my dad used to ask me when i would grow up. IF i would ever grow up. i'm as averse to the idea today as i was four years ago. but today i find i dont have a choice. --------------------------------------------------------------------- "we live in an imperfect world. which means there are an infinite number of possibilities." -- meeks that is the second most potent thing ive ever heard. it could actually alter my outlook towards life. i dont know. the first would have to be "shit happens" -- forrest gump. although, tell me. which would be worse - if shit happened, or if shit didnt happen? --------------------------------------------------------------------- went to a private gig today. it was nice. it was... i sat there for about two and a half hours, wondering what the hell i was doing there. and then i left. --------------------------------------------------------------------- i went to a wedding yesterday, and the day before. it was of one of my closest friends. i didnt go to the mehndi. understandably, she was pissed. and i had no excuses to give her. it's hard to explain to people how there are phases in your life, when you dont want to cloud their happiness, by hovering around them... i wanted to do nothing more yesterday, than just crawl in my bed, and hide my face under the covers. it wouldbe impossible to try and explain the amount of effort it took, to drag myself out of the bed, not look like a wild cat who's had its fur chewn off in a cat fight, and show up at that wedding. and what for? to eventually go up to her and tell her she looked like a dream (Which she did, but im sure the 600 people there had already told her that). i dont get it. why is it hardest to explain to friends... when they are supposed to hear unspoken words? her wedding would've happened without me being there. the first day did. and no one on the planet can wish her more success and happiness than i do. i love that chick from the core of my heart...why would she not have understood my not coming? i ran into all these people i DONT recognize from here and there, and it was like dude... i knew you in another lifetime. you cannot come up to me after 6 years and expect me to remember your name. i dont expect you to remember mine. i dont, in fact, expect you to remember me. cant you just leave me alone to spend my life in oblivion? it would be so much more convenient for all of us.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! the story of my life!

I think if shit didn't happen, it would be much much worse.
Constipation is no fun. :/

so let the shit happen!

Take time to smell the sh....UGH! Roses!

1/18/2006 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

hey anon. i posted 4 different stories... which one of them is of your life? :)

1/22/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little bit of everything. To hilight some points:

a strange existance

living a life that is empty. existing in a void.

im just wondering how long.

i sat there for about two and a half hours, wondering what the hell i was doing there.
and then i left.


And about your friend; it's true her wedding would have happened without you, just like it could have happened with a total of four witnesses in a court marriage.
samjhi?

1/23/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

shayad. pata nahi.
agar samajhna itna asaan hota, to ba-shaur laug apni poori zindgi ghaur-o-fikr main na guzar detay.

umm... meaning if it was so easy to understand, philosophy wouldnt exist :D
(how's that for translation? ;))

1/24/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! woah there! easy on the lingo! let's just stick to slang and bad spelling! :D

hmm, yeah i suppose u be right...so just doo..........whatever!

living in oblivion isn't that great, trust me. but then again, u be u and me be me! so u might actually enjoy it.

or something something!



Yes, i'm sure all that made perfect sense! :P

1/25/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

"living in oblivion isn't that great, trust me."

then why dont you come out and introduce yourself? i'm sure your problems are fixable, your issues solvable.
(and it saves me typing "dear anonymous" everytime. :))

1/25/2006 06:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i was just offering my opinion on oblivion.
personally i would love to live here forever, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well for me. disillusioned i am. blind even. but that's all good. everyone's got issues. that's life. and like, brush your teeth before goin to bed and floss at least once a day.

this is probably just a phase. that's what life is, a whole lot of phases. till u phase out.

and i'm Soumyn...from way back in the day :P
so u may call me "dear Soumyn" from now on!

1/27/2006 08:44:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

ROFLOL! oh wow! you're back...
(i bet you are thinking the same thing ;)) but umm... hey! whaddup yo?

how about taking this conversation to another entry, one that is closer to the top? :D

so, how YOU doin?
how's life? the wife and kids? your ulcers ok? i hear the stocks are kinda down these days...
too bad about your house though... heard it got blown away by that hurricane, whatchamaycallit... ashwariya was it?
so you planning to keep all the pups? or giving a few away... i need a brithday present for my great-grand daughter's 18th brithday...

*rambles off into oblivion*

1/27/2006 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home