A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

December 12, 2005

crunch.

i really like to be positive about things. i mean that. i like to see the silver lining in every cloud, and when i cant find one, i improvise. i brought my car home today. in another car. ok, that may be an exageration, cuz most of the car was intact, but someone decided to cut a red light, and ram into my car, and then drive off. i had a friend with me at that time, he goes, you wanna chase that guy? i was like no... honestly, i was so disgusted by the whole issue, that i really believed, if i HAD caught up with him, i wouldve ripped him to shreds. just like he did my car. my brand-fucking-new car. Rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip! drove STRAIGHT into mine. because my signal was green, and i was taking a turn. maybe he was in a hurry. immediately, at that point, a couple of things had occured to me: a) my car is insured. b) it was smack noon. i didnt want to create a scene in the middle of the square. we pakistanis have a flair for drama, and a passion for theatre. a huge crowd gathering to get kicks out of my misery wouldnt have helped. c) the damage was done. my kicking his face in would have been unproductive. d) only YESTERDAY, i ahd witnessed two AWFUL accidents in the very vacinity; in one incident, one car had turned turtle, and the other had climbed up a pole. it is difficult to say if either of the drivers had survived. as those scenes rang thru my mind, i thanked Allah that both me and my friend were safe. period. (lets see. he's insured, im not) :p this was what my car looked like, as i drove it home. as my friend and i plonked the torn plastic into the back seat, we came to the conclusion that without sufficient cover, even the honda civic can be one ugly car :) im trying to make light of the situation here. humour me. if anything, my head has been reeling, and ive got a serious headache from teh hysterics. and i cant really let it out when im hysterical. so i ended up watching the 20- yr anniversary of the oprah winfrey show instead. when my sister came home, she gave me a hug, a high-five, and the compliments "not a bad, gurl!" my mom, saw the car, asked me WHY i hadnt chased the jerk and brought him to justice, and is now trying to sleep the tension off. silly girl, she wont be able to, she can never sleep when she is tense. ive called my brother, asking him to come home, so we can take the car to be fixed. it's trip to the metaldoctor is long overdue anyways! where the bumper used to be... lots of scratches remain :( you know, if im going to be responsible for manhandling the car, i'd like to give it JUST ONE HIT. the sort of a hit a car of this calibre deserves.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah,
Inna lillah Wa Inna Elayhay Raajioon. (We are from Allah and to whom we will return)
But Allah wants you around, so smaile and be greatful.

12/12/2005 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

i am... i totally am... didnt u notice how i THANKED god after the axident? cuz i was TOTALLY safe, and only like a nook of my car was spoilt? (it couldve been so much worse)

im just upset it had to happen :)

but thank u so much for your comments, sp the one below :)

12/13/2005 01:47:00 AM  
Blogger borderlinenarcoleptic said...

all cars go to heaven.

12/13/2005 06:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest you take off the car number in that pic?

12/13/2005 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

meeks: do they take their drivers with them? :)

anon: i had earlier on thought i would, but then i didnt think anyone would notice, since i dont get much traffic on my page... only a few friends :s
but if it caught your eye...

12/13/2005 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home