A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

January 19, 2006

father, daughter and the holy ghost

0_0 zee blogger et my post !@!@! out on these lonely roads... so we have thys ultra overpriced joint here in lahore, that serves the best pina colada in the city. i find myself drawn to that place over and over again, because of the decor. the have the most uncomfortable sofas on the planet, the kind you just sink into, and the tables are too high. featured invariably, you find yourself eating with the elbows resting on the table. chicago grill serves the worst food in the city, yet i go there time and time again, so i can oogle shamelessly at the dozens of paintings and murals that have been done up and put on the brick red walls. busted the murals are done in light pastel colours, and the place oozes the charm of the 50s and the 60s. images have been taken directly from the godfather, and the untouchables, two of my all time favourites. mystified i went there a few days ago, to order two takeaway pina-coladas. (that's all i could afford). while waiting, i started taking pictures of the paintings that intrigue me so, and while i was in the act, the manager walked in on me. i felt like i'd been caught cheating in my A levels or something. too bad about that. i really was only admiring... walking tall i wish i could paint, i really do. i tried drawing the other day. i cracked myself up. it was funny. so i put my art material away. lastly in other news, i know i had fever, but i can swear i was awake when i dreamt i saw my dad. and in the dream, i freak out for a moment, wondering how that is possible, and the disconnected part of the brain tells me, it's just a dream. so teh dreaming part asks, but if im awake, how can i be dreaming? the awake part says: just go back to sleep. im screwed in the head. excuse me while i go look for a transplant. im looking for a bonsai. send me one? see? and here... but this is JUST SICK!

7 Comments:

Blogger Monologist said...

Wow the first painting is truly stunning. I think that's my favourite.
I like pina coladas too, except I get the virgin types, same thing really.
And it tastes oOoo la la. you know what I mean ;)

And I always eat with my elbows on the table... its the rebel in me :)

keep trying at the painting and drawings you already know you have the talent for it, just maybe you need abit brushing up if you would say.
But however, you're a good photographer:) and you have quiet an eye. So that's another department you might want to look in also.

I don't know what's so great aout the bonsai plant, I mean seriously? It's just a tree. *sees no ooolala anymore*
And yeah when you mentioned the bonsai... my mind went instantly to the poor kittens.
Seriously, some people are so freakishly sick... its not even funny.

and lastly, hello hemmie. how be you!? my roommate is ruining my life. I think she is going to work some sort of african black magic on me soon :-s
Jesus man!

1/20/2006 01:50:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

mono: hun, your roomie? want me to put a curse on her? ;) it's the voodoo that you do... 0_o
eheehehe... missing ya babe.
been totally unwell. my throat is killing me... and i be hybernating...
drinking me coughsyrup to sleep.

saeed: hey buddy... whazza?
on my list of fav drinks, it's like:
second runner up: pina colada
first runner up: fresh orange juice
winner: meethi lassi :)

1/22/2006 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Monologist said...

Oye My hemmie!
How are you so sick man?
What's going on?
Ok... for the throat garggle with salt water to keep the swelling done.
And use dayquil in the day and nyquil in the night.
They work.
And I hope you feel better my lovely

1/23/2006 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

i love cough syrups...
you sleep like a baby afterwards, im thinking of making it a routine :D

1/24/2006 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Monologist said...

oye!
No routine!
Actually it was on the news, cough syrups do more harm than good, cuz its loaded with sugars [although it still tastes bad] so doing in on a *routine* won't be a great idea.

ahem ahem :-p
Now get well soon and up and about tacking this eeky world :-s

1/24/2006 01:57:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

*pouts*
I DONT WANNA!
I WANNA THROW A TANTRUM :'(
I WANT MY COUGH SYRUP :D MY COUGH ISNT GOING AWAY... HAHAHA!
AND WHY AM I TYPING IN UPPERCASE?
eww!

1/24/2006 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Abez said...

Hemmie my Luv, one of these days we will take you to a REAL Chicago Grill, in Chicago. Hmm, and then it'll be boring because none of the food will be halal and the pina colada will have alocohol in it... ok, let me check if there's one here in DXB... :p

1/24/2006 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home