A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

January 28, 2006

hear! hair!

if i were ever a super hero, i'd be umm... invisible woman. my super power being the ability to be absolutely invisible. totally. completely. very, very, invisible. ------------------------------- [eds note: picture edited for obscene content] the issue being, for the last two years, ive carried a very short crop. a very, very short crop... it's so much easier to handle, and carry... except as off late, everyone and their goldfish have been telling me to grow out my hair, cuz umm... they would like to see a change. and that without exaggeration, most of my male friends had hair longer than mine. fair enough. it cant be that bad, right? except that it is. not only do such short hair take time to grow (this picture was actually taken like 6 weeks after the actual shearing itself... so imagine how short im used to keeping it)... but... it just feels so weird. it's like... stability... ugh... i almost feel committed ... and ummm... compelled to be all mature, and serious and like non-flippant... and boring. and grounded. the issue is, why cant i just go out and get my hair cut again, right? cuz, i would feel very guilty for letting so many ppl down. talk about being screwed up. it's my hair, my life, my choice. and look at how im allowing others to not only comment, but also influence my decision. im such a freak ------------------------------- jin zakhmon ko wakt bher chala hai tum kiyun unhain cheray ja rahay ho rekhaon ka kehl hai muqadder rekhaon say maat kha rahay ho

4 Comments:

Blogger Monologist said...

Oye my darling.
I actually envy your short hair. I think its flirty, its fun and won't weigh you down.
See, my hair? It gives me headaches etc. The only reason why I won't cut it is bcuz of my mother, than and i... dont think i'll look that great with short hair.
I think there is a software somewhere on the web that will show you how you will look with long hair.
Maybe you could try that out? to see how you'll look.
but long hair has its perks, if you've having a bad hair day, you can actually just roll it in a bun and viola :)

1/30/2006 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

i know how i look in long hair. dull and boring.
(i had them once, before i no longer do)
im just waiting for others around me to figure that out too

1/31/2006 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Monologist said...

what about a compromise?
Medium? would rock?

1/31/2006 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

medium isnt short,
long isnt short.
short is short is short.
i dont have the hair they show in the shampoo adds, and well, if i cant have that, than i shouldnt have none, right? 0_o

2/01/2006 08:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home