A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

April 19, 2006

the effects of early-childhood-jigsaw-deprivation have set in, and it's scaring me. my sister asked me earlier in teh day to put together the computer that had been taken apart, for a higher cause. i figured i was doing something wrong, when i put both ends of a detachable-cable in the same component. so umm. basically, it was coming out of one hole, and going into the other. and there is no better way of putting this in words. my khala got me a 1000-piece jigsaw from the states when i was 14 yrs old. she also got me a magnet which said: whenever i'm right, no one remembers, when i'm wrong, no one forgets. guess which of the two gifts i liked best? actually, niether. she also got me silly putty. *Sigh* to be 14 again. to breaking out in pimples, and to be wearing galsses three size my face. (i burnt all my post-childhood pre-pubescent pictures. i tried doing that with my memories too, my hair got singed). coming back to jigsaws. my hot friend in the US, he wanted to send me something. so i said, ok, send me a jigsaw... u know... like a 10000 pieces or something. cuz the one i had, i threw it away. cuz i couldnt put it together. now you cant not put together something u dont have, so you throw the jigsaw away. well i dont want to do that anymore. so feeling very very stupid, very very deprived, i asked him to send me a jigsaw. he goes, well, i was going to send you a harry potter bag, but if you want the jigsaw. yes, guilty as charged. i gave up the jigsaw for a fad. i gave in to temptation. like what's his name said, "i can resist everything but temptation." but more seriously. if and when i can, i want to have a collection of jigsaws, and a collection of collectables. [duh - eds] but for now ill settle for jigsaws, cuz i want to be able to put together my computer without calling for help: me: i cant put my computer together engineer at help desk: do you own one? [duh! dont mind her, her house is being painted- eds] anyways, so since you are reading this blog, that only just means i WAS able to connect the 5 pieces with the three hundred cables. in your face bill gates. im going to sleep. i'm tired. im getting my room painted in lime and jade. the furniture is all black. hot.black. -------------------------------------------------- the incoherent random nothings are responsible for some semblance of sanity in our lives -- the hemlock)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are funny. :)

...and talented. I had to wait for HPN to come over and fix stuff for me before I could get started with my newly acquired DSL connection....and I still have to wait for him to tinker with my blog...and I had to wait for him to explain to me that having a speaker alone is not enough to actively participate in a voice chat!

I really do not think even a 100,000 peice jigsaw puzzle can prepare me for any of the above tasks....but then ... like I said you are talented.

4/22/2006 02:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home