A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

January 23, 2005

cow shall i serve thee?

I bin meaning to blog in the last coupla days, only the problem is, ive been rather too afraid to do so… I don't think I'll come out half as side-splittingly funny as I used to be – ive stopped cracking myself up :( {Basically after the last incident where the doctors told my mom I had irreparably damaged my head}. And secondly… my stomach's been all socially irresponsible. I thynks i jynxed it. See. When them folkses said "she can stomach everythyn'," them folkses were prolly talking abouts me yo! But the other day, I prolly ate somat my stomach didn't principally agree with… (yeah it does that)… and it's all been rather downhill since. (I feel so much better havin shared that w/ you… you know how they say, "in sickness and in health" *evil grin* ). So eid mubaraks everyone. Personally, if you were to ask me how my eid went, I'd say just like the last one, or the one before that. I still have to come to terms with being "happy" cuz that's the demand of the day. I just don't take moods or situations imposed on me too well. (Hence the need to sleep thru half of the said day, and to spend the remaining half at someone {anyone} else's place). But it turned out to be an interesting experience for a friend of mine, who went bakra shopping… the dear darling had a great tym recounting his experience: "It was sooo cool!!! Did you know they sell three types of bakras in the mandi? There was the small bakra, they were selling for less than 3k each, but the animal looked suspiciously like a dog… "The other bakras, which were being sold for 15k and above, were very close cousins of thoroughbreds… they told me the animals could be fitted with horseshoes, all with different sizes and styles of heels. "The third and the most boring type was Zee Bakra itself, and looked rather pale in comparison with its extended family. But it did come fitted with a barrette, four legs and hoarse throat." I (almost) ran (over) into thys cow the other day, who was running on a bridge. It was actually a very funny sight. The woman redefined the nursery rhyme "and the cow jumped over the moon." Here's how the story goes: the cow was being transported in an open truck, and somewhere on the bridge, she jumped off the vehicle of transportation. From there on, it was a wild cow chase I tell you. Three cars, various people and a cycle wala with cow fodder were all chasing after it… and the entire episode was taking place in the middle of a bridge. So there weren't too many directions in which the cow was running. And since the cows know they can't run faster than cars, imagine the chagrin of the poor dear, who was blocking the entire traffic (im sure she was running as fast as she could…). I think the great escape was aborted when the animal eventually tired out (possibly cuz I don't thynk cows are serious fitness freaks). Beyond that, life has been… mundane. Exams on weekends, assignments, and all that jazz. The only bright side to ANY of thys is basant, which falls feb. 6th. Guess who's gonna catch a serious cold flying kites on various rooftops across the city? :) p.s just finished Of Love and Other Demons. Any one tells you the books is trash, trash their face for me plz :) on a scale of 1-5, I rate it 3.75. and that's as high as any book will get, in my bookslist at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home