A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

June 03, 2005

one down, one more to go.

it's been a year since august 5. at least an academic year :) and it feels bittersweet. a part of me is happy, that half the journey is over (hopefully the tougher part, at least), yet the other feels uncertain and overwhelmed at the thought of what the future holds. i have now begun to think where and what im going to be five years from now. and if ill recognize myself. i know i dont now. i dont remember who i was at 18. i dont remember what 18 was like. or 17. or 16. it's as if my life started after 20. i recall being 12. and then i was 20. i get to intern at an icecream factory in the summers. little do they know, they've assigned a wolf to guard their lambs :) im glad for the break though. it just might give me some time to put my life in perspetive. the 9 months flew by. i learnt a lot. it was mindblowing. it was discovering an alternate world. and it was discovering myself - and my abilities. when i applied to lums, i had no idea what i would be getting into. im like that. i take uncalculated risks. in case of lums, thys one paid off. Alhamdolillah i met some super, super people :) i wasnt expecting that either. i dont believe in "friends for life" or any concept that involves infinity... like the word "forever"... or "never", if you thynk about it. but i know everytym im going to look back at these two years, the thoughts of these people will make me smile. god bless them for helping me through thys time. i hope they stick around long enough, for the next yr too, but even for now i got so much more than i asked for. maybe someday i'll muster up enough courage to thank them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home