A Lesser Mortal: Rebirth

for what it's worth

June 13, 2005

what's the speed of thought?

imagine being stranded a thousand miles from nowhere, with tonnes and tonnes of icecream surrounding you. believe you me, after three days of studying all what icecream is made of... (sweat of some very very hard working people)... the magic somehow gets lost. icecream for me was a simple phenomenon of mixing milk with sugar and putting it in the freezer. at least that was my recepie until i stopped baking. *grin* when i wanted to go light, i simply put in water instead of the milk, along with some form of fruit flavouring, and amazing lollies were ready for consumption... almost immediately... since i never had the patience to wait until the lollies were actually frozen. imagine having 72 different kinds of icecream to choose from, and not having the will to eat any. me thynks me's gonna refuse that offer willy wonka made to run his factory. i thynk id like SOME romance to remain associated ... at least with the chocolates... if not nuffin else in my life. ----------------------------------------------------- you remember how i used to gush on an' on about laho? :> me thynks me wants to move out. for good. dont ask why. or actually, go ahead and ask. i just wont answer :) the place where i go to work is miles and miles out of the city, so i get company transport to pick me up, and drop me back. which could be a good thyng, or a bad one, depending on how much to love to drive. the tragic part is, im not the only one who gets pick and drop. there are 10 other ppl who get the same royal treatment. so get thys. my office (officially) starts at 9 am :) i wake up at 5.10, 5-19, 5-25, 5-30, and then fall out of bed at 5.55. the company car comes to pick me up at 6-10. from 6-10 to 8-10, im sat in the car touring lahore... my office ends and 4pm. the managers take their time to leave. meaning anywhere between 4.30 to 4.45. and im the last one to be dropped back home. at 6.45pm. ive seen more of lahore than i would ever want to see again. trust me. excess of everythyng is bad. unless... *sigh* so yeah, baiscally, i wanna run away from here... to ANY place in the world where the entire town is 30 minutes across :) suggestions? ----------------------------------------------------- being the first and the last one in the car means having to spend quality time with the driver until the next person hops in and saves me the philosophies id rather save till later on in the day. he told me the story of an italian contractor who was building one of the dams... tarbela, or mangla... basically, for the 12 yrs the guy was in pakistan supervising at the construction site, he didnt get himself a chair to sit on...he used to say..." if i sit myself down, how will my boys be motivated to work...?" now, that's an amazing, inspiring lill story; but when you've literally falled out of bed after three hours of sleep and are cursing your ambition... such feel-good;inspirational;motivational speeches only make you wanna dig deeper into your seat and crawl out from the bottom of the car. *sigh* ----------------------------------------------------- someone wants me to participate in a focus group -- to discuss "fashion" that's a cruel joke to play on me no? and honestly. tell me. what IS the speed of thought?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home